Area towns will host Memorial Day events once again this year. The following are details of ceremonies that will take place Monday:
• Tracy — 9:30 a.m. at The Caboose, The Tracy American Legion Post No. 173 will honor Donald J. Peterson and Leroy K. Johnson for their 50 years of continuous American Legion membership. The Legion will also pay its respects to Don Shulte, Don DeBlieck, Vince Wessling, Mel Dunteman, Norm DeBlieck, Dale Danielson, Curtis Shaw and Jans Visker. The Tracy Area High School band will play the National Anthem, as well as a selected number, and the Memorial Day presentation will be given by Tonya Eichner. Coffee and cookies will be available at The Caboose following the Laying of the Wreaths.
• Milroy — 10 a.m. at Milroy Public School. The speaker is Steve Simmons.
• Garvin — 10:30 a.m., Bethel Cemetery (in case of rain: Lake Sarah Lutheran Church in Garvin). The event will include a Viet Nam veteran recognition ceremony. Lunch will be served at auxiliary hall after the service for a freewill offering. The Honor Guard will be at Modum Cemetery at 8 a.m., Lake Sarah Baptist Cemetery at 8:15 a.m., Bethany Cemetery at 8:45 a.m. and Hoiland Cemetery at 9:15 a.m.
• Walnut Grove — 9:30 a.m., Walnut Grove Elementary School. The speaker is Pastor Chuck Swanson
• Currie — The Currie American Legion will visit Willow Lake Cemetery at 9 a.m.; End-O-Line Memorial at 9:30 a.m.; Pioneer Cemetery at 9:45 a.m.; IHM Church Cemetery at 10:00 a.m.; and the bridge north of Mill St. at 10:30 a.m. before an 11 a.m. memorial program at the fire hall. Lunch will be served at noon by the Currie Ladies Auxiliary and Sons of Legion Post No. 322 at the fire hall.